Sentara, Tri-County Community Action Agency and other local partners are providing free COVID-19 testing, rain or shine, at the following locations on Saturday:
- Banister Residential Care Facility parking lot, 1017 Bethel Road, Halifax, from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m.;
- Halifax County Health Department parking lot (Mary Bethune Complex), 1030 Cowford Road, Halifax, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.;
- Halifax County Middle School parking lot, 1011 Middle School Circle, South Boston, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.;
- World of Sports parking lot, 2030 Bill Tuck Highway, South Boston, from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.; and
- Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services parking lot, 911 U.S. Highway 58 Business, Boydton, from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Each site has the capability of testing up to 40 people. The goal of the testing is to reach priority community members: people of color, public or subsidized housing residents, people older than the age of 55, first responders/ healthcare workers, essential workers at high risk for exposure, and people who live or have had close contact with another person sick with COVID-19.
For more information, contact Tri-County Community Action Agency at 434-404-3455 or the Sentara field team at 434-517-3932.