- Last Updated on 10:55 AM 01/06/10
- BY Staff
A 30-year-old South Boston man was arrested Monday on felony breaking and entering and grand larceny charges, according to South Boston Police Investigator R. E. Redd.
Kevin Lamont Traynham of Easley Street was arrested on felony warrants obtained by Investigator C. L. Carswell on two charges of breaking and entering and two additional charges of grand larceny, Redd said.
The charges stem from the Oct. 8 break-in of an Irish Street residence and the Dec. 14 break-in of a Third Street residence, the investigator said.
South Boston Officer J. C. Berry was the arresting officer.
Traynham is being held without bond in the Halifax Adult Detention Center, and the investigation is continuing, Redd said.
• In other law enforcement matters, Halifax County Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating the theft of two lawn mowers from a South Boston business, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Cpl. T. C. Spencer and Deputy W. G. Nunn were called to Elliott’s Auto Sales on Bill Tuck Highway the morning of Thursday, Dec. 24, Noblin said. Business owner Tommy Elliott said he had parked the mowers under the canopy at the front of his building, and they were taken sometime overnight Wednesday, the sheriff said.
The two missing riding mowers are a Hustler Fastrak with a 48-inch cut and a Hustler Fastrak Superduty with a 54-inch cut, Noblin said.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office at 434-476-3334.
• A 32-year-old South Boston man is facing a misdemeanor assault charge, according to sheriff’s office records.
David Scott Vicks of River Road was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery following an incident that allegedly occurred Dec. 22.
Deputy Nunn served the warrant the following day.
• Kevin Dewayne Taylor, 21, Carnation Road, Ruckersville, was charged with the felony unauthorized use of a vehicle valued at $200 or more. Taylor also was charged with misdemeanor vandalism-damaging property belonging to another and misdemeanor petty larceny.
The offenses allegedly occurred Dec. 15, and the warrants were served Dec. 23 by another law enforcement agency.
• Roland Bernard Watkins Jr., 52, Lennig Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor DUI.
The offense allegedly occurred Thursday, and Cpl. T. C. Spencer served the warrant that night.
• Derek Overton Hammock, 20, Swinging Bridge Road, Brookneal, was charged with misdemeanor making threats to another over the telephone.
The offense allegedly occurred Dec. 16, and the warrant was served Friday by another law enforcement agency.
• Gerardo Pena Perez, 23, Garrett Road, Durham, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Friday, and Deputy S. W. Gilliam served the warrant the same day.
• Elise Michelle James, 23, West Quaker Road, Disputanta, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Nov. 13, and the warrant was served Sunday by another law enforcement agency.
• Andre Lemar Bowman, 30, Bagwell Drive, Scottsburg, was charged with misdemeanor failure to pay a ticket.
The offense allegedly occurred Sept. 14, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Monday.
• Amanda Dawn Harlow, 27, Mitchell Trail, Scottsburg, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Dec. 14, and Sgt. Clark served the warrant Monday.