- Last Updated on 08:01 AM 03/29/10
- BY Staff
Two men robbed a Halifax business Saturday night at gunpoint, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Sometime before 8 p.m. Saturday, clerks at the Friendly Corner Store on Mountain Road in Halifax reported two men rushed into the store brandishing a handgun and demanded all the money from the cash register, Noblin said.
The clerks said the two men wore black clothing and had their faces covered, the sheriff said. The clerks complied with their request, and the two men ran out of the store with an undisclosed amount of cash, he added.
A tracking dog from the sheriff’s office tracked from the cash register to a spot near the road adjacent to the store where the track ended, Noblin said.
Officers from the Halifax Police Department and Virginia State Police also responded to the robbery call, the sheriff said. Deputy W. G. Nunn is the investigating officer.
w In other law enforcement matters, a 32-year-old South Boston man is facing one felony charge and a misdemeanor charge, according to sheriff’s office records.
David Scott Vicks of River Road was served a capias issued by Halifax County Circuit Court alleging felony unauthorized use of a vehicle and misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offenses allegedly occurred Dec. 22, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the capias Friday.
• Eric Thomas Comer, 25, Lowery Road, South Boston, was charged with felony grand larceny of property valued at $200 or more.
The offense allegedly occurred Feb. 24, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrant Saturday.
• Terissa Mae Watson, 35, Ball Park Loop, Halifax, was served a capias alleging felony grand larceny.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 16 of last year, and Sgt. Clark served the capias Friday.
• Martha Susan Wooding, 19, Jones Ferry Road, South Boston, was charged with felony animal cruelty causing death.
The offense allegedly occurred March 20, and Sgt. Clark served the warrant Friday.
• Danny Louis Perkins, 31, Love Shop Park Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred March 15, and Sgt. Clark served the warrant Saturday.
• Barry Dean Rosser, 40, Cedar Forest Road, Long Island, was charged with misdemeanor operating without a contractor’s license or without proper class of license for the value of work to be performed.
The offense allegedly occurred Nov. 11, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant Saturday.
• John Thornton Miller Jr., 58, Ridge Road, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor appearing in public in an intoxicated condition.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Deputy Nunn served the warrant the same day.