- Last Updated on 11:55 AM 10/05/09
- BY Staff
The Halifax County Chamber of Commerce and WHLF 95.3 FM will host a Candidates Forum Thursday, Oct. 29, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Riverstone building located in Riverstone Technology Park. According to Chamber President Nancy Pool, candidates seeking election for House of Delegates 60th District, county board of supervisors and school board members will have an opportunity to address the public and answer questions submitted from local citizens.
The forum is open to the public with no admission charge, but tickets are required because of limited seating.
“Each candidate is going to have the opportunity to present his/her positions before being asked questions by Nick Long, moderator. The forum is organized to provide citizens the chance to learn more about issues and the candidates,” Pool said.
The following candidates have agreed to participate:
• James E. Edmunds II, Virginia House of Delegates 60th District
• Thomas E. West, Halifax County Board of Supervisors, District 2
• William I. Fitzgerald, Halifax County Board of Supervisors, District 3
• E. Wayne Conner, Halifax County Board of Supervisors, District 6
• Karen G. Hopkins, Halifax County School Board, District 2
• Mark T. Irby, Halifax County School Board, District 2
• Kimberly T. “Kim” Farson, Halifax County School Board, District 3
• Arthur W. Reynolds Sr., Halifax County School Board, District 3
• Stanley H. Brandon, Halifax County School Board, District 6
• R. H. “Fay” Satterfield, Halifax County School Board, District 6
“This is an opportunity for Halifax County citizens to learn what the candidates think about some of the issues. People are encouraged to submit questions regarding issues they consider important,” Pool added. “It is easy to sit on the sidelines and guess about what is happening. Now is the time to take action and learn the facts straight from the candidates.”