- Last Updated on 07:39 AM 10/02/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 29-year-old Alton man faces two felony charges of distributing a controlled substance, was issued a felony capias for violating his probation and a misdemeanor surety capias. Christian Lante McDougald of Storys Creek Road also faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
McDougald was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred July 7, 2011, Dec. 6, 2012 and March 20. Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant Monday.
• Wongee Boyd Williams, 24, of Glass Mill Road, South Boston faces a felony charge of possessing a firearm with drugs.
The alleged offense occurred April 20, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Monday.
• James Derrick Lester IV, 30, of Geneva Circle, Roxboro, N.C., faces a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Steven Christopher Hubbard, 21, of L. P. Bailey Memorial Highway, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of violating a juvenile protective order.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy W. F. Cross served the warrant the same day.
• Dexter Edward Mills, 27, of Poplar Creek Street, South Boston faces charges of trespassing and being drunk in public, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer R. L. Lawson served the warrant Friday, and Mills was held on a $5,000 secured bond.
• Marvin Gay Smith, 31, of Parker Avenue, South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrant Friday.
• ohn Vontre Daniel, 25, of College Street, South Boston faces a charge of disorderly conduct.
Officer J. J. George served the warrant Sunday, and Daniel was held was on a $1,500 unsecured bond.