Mountain Heart, the band that has been fearlessly revolutionizing the way acoustic music can be presented and played, will appear on The Prizery stage at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The band's name has been synonymous with cutting-edge excellence in acoustic music circles since the group's creation, according to Chris Jones, Prizery artistic director.
Mountain Heart has played the Grand Ole Opry over 130 times in the past few years.
They have toured alongside the likes of Lynyryd Skynyrd, Tony Rice, The Avett Brothers and many more.
The band or members have won or been nominated for Grammy Awards, IBMAs, CMAs and more.
They are currently touring and supporting their latest album “Soul Searching” which reached the top 10 on the Billboard Charts.
The concert this Friday at The Prizery is the band’s last performance in Virginia this year.
Comprising Mountain Heart are the following:
• Josh Shilling on vocals, piano and guitar - Touring and session musician from Nashville who's played on hundreds of albums. Two-time Grammy-winning songwriter, he is originally from Martinsville.
• Seth Taylor on lead guitar and vocals - Touring and session guitarist for many artists including Mountain Heart, Ricky Skaggs, Dailey and Vincent and many more.
• Aaron Ramsey on bass and vocals - Session and touring musician and full-time producer for Bluegrass and Americana artists.
• Ashby Frank on mandolin and vocals - Full-time session and touring musician for numerous artists including Jerry Douglas, Michael Cleveland and many others.
• Matt Menefee on banjo - Nashville session and touring multi-instrumentalist.
Founding member of Cadillac Sky, Menefee toured with Big and Rich, and many more including his new ensemble The Hit Points.
For tickets to Friday night’s performance, call the box office 434-572-8339 or order tickets online at prizery.com.