St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church in Clarksville and Trinity Episcopal Church in South Boston will host a program on Safety for Faith-Based Organizations will be held from 10 a.m. until noon on Saturday.
The Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia in conjunction with the Virginia Fusion Center is providing a conversation starter presentation to offer guidance to help the faith communities balance the need to be both welcoming and safe at the same time.
First Sergeant Austin White, deputy director of the Virginia Fusion Center, will facilitate the training and will discuss the following topics:
• Threats and vulnerabilities to houses of worship;
• addressing potential threats;
• policy and planning;
• safety in outreach settings;
• civilian response to active shooter; mitigation strategies; and
• developing a mindset of preparedness to respond to threats.
This presentation is free. Register at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07egh59gib7047ab18&oseq=&c=&ch=.