A 69-year-old Halifax man, Gerald Layne McKinney of Bellevue Road, faces a felony charge of aggravated sexual battery of a child under the age of 13 and a felony charge of child neglect, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offenses occurred June 1, 2011, and investigator J. M. Burton served the warrants Monday.
• Demetrius L. Ferrell, 41, of North Main Street, Halifax faces a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor charges of selling, distributing marijuana, driving under the influence and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
The alleged offenses occurred Sunday, and deputy J. L. Franco served the warrants the same day.
• Marion Sarah Daily, 45, of Clarkton Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Cpl. C. J. Yeatts served the warrant the same day.
• Karen Justina Jones Clark, 52, of Old Grubby Road, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of trespassing and resisting arrest/obstruction of justice by force.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and deputy W. G. Nunn served the warrants the same day.
• Andrew Alan Dease, 31, of Union Grove Road, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of driving with a suspended license, third offense, and possession of marijuana.
The alleged offenses occurred Friday, and Franco served the warrants Saturday.
• Michael Lee Whitlow, 39, of Wolf Pitt Road, Virgilina faces a charge of eluding police, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer J. George served the warrant Sunday.
• Randi Thurman, 34, of Glennland Road, Hurt faces charges of speeding and possession of marijuana stemming from a traffic stop that occurred Nov. 9, according to Stuart Comer, Halifax police chief.
Officer H. C. Eckstein served the warrant, and Thurman was released on summons.