A 41-year-old South Boston woman, Shawntel Denise Ferrell, faces several firearm-related charges following an incident at Westside Trailer Park on Friday, according to South Boston Police Department reports.
Officer J.M. DeSantis arrested Ferrell for possession of a firearm as a convicted felon, possession of ammunition as a convicted felon and possession of a stolen firearm, all felonies.
DeSantis also charged Ferrell with misdemeanors for brandishing a firearm and reckless handling of a firearm.
Ferrell was arrested after officers responded to the Westside Trailer Park on Friday for a report of a disturbance and gunshots being fired. Further investigation revealed that during the alleged altercation the firearm was discharged. No one was injured during the incident, and a firearm and ammunition were recovered by DeSantis.
Ferrell is being held under no bond at Blue Ridge Regional Jail.
• A Scottsburg resident and a Virgilina resident were charged with shoplifting from Walmart between Nov. 8 and Nov. 16.
Officer B. R. McGuire arrested 33-year-old Amanda Lauren Layne of Scottsburg and 29-year-old Owen Layne III of Virgilina on the charges.
Owen Layne is charged with three counts of felony shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing and is being held at Blue Ridge Regional Jail on a $4,000 secured bond.
Amanda Layne is charged with one count of misdemeanor shoplifting and is being held at Blue Ridge Regional Jail on a $2,500 unsecured bond.
An undisclosed amount of merchandise was stolen, according to McGuire.
• Adrian Deon White, 36, of Keeling was charged with driving under the influence, refusing to submit to a chemical test and possession of marijuana, all misdemeanors, following a traffic stop on Sunday.
Officer J. J. George arrested White on the three charges, and White is being held at Blue Ridge Regional Jail on a $2,500 secured bond.
• Roberto Mario Aguilar, 26, of Charlotte, North Carolina, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana as a result of a traffic stop on Friday.
McGuire arrested Aguilar who is being held at Blue Ridge Regional Jail on a $1,000 secured bond.
• A 24-year-old Long Island man faces a felony charge of assault with intent to maim, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Coty Eligah Putam of Buffalo Road was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Nov. 9, and another agency served the warrant Thursday.
• Andrew Christian Link, 22, of Melon Road, South Boston faces a felony charge of failure to appear.
The alleged offense occurred Nov. 8, and deputy J. A. Short served the warrant Thursday.
• Ashley Carol Garrison, 28, of Algerene Road, Drakes Branch faces a felony charge of a probation violation.
Short served the warrant Thursday.
• Jessica Fleming Bomar, 30, of MacDonald Road, Scottsburg faces a misdemeanor charge of a community based program violation.
The alleged offense occurred Thursday, and deputy H. O. Weddle served the warrant the same day.