A 28-year-old South Boston man, Ta-Quan Edward Logan of Poplar Creek Street, faces a felony drug charge of distribution of marijuana, a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon and a misdemeanor charge of having an expired registration, according to Halifax County Sheriff Fred S. Clark.
The alleged offenses occurred Wednesday, and deputy C. G. Martin served the warrants the same day.
The arrest was the result of a traffic stop in the town of South Boston.
During the course of the stop, Martin located several bags of suspected marijuana and a 9mm handgun, Clark said.
Logan, the driver of the vehicle, was arrested on the scene and transported to Blue Ridge Regional Jail where he was held on a $1,500 secured bond.
In other area arrests:
• Trisha Nicole Davis, 21, of Boones Cave Road, Lexington, North Carolina, faces a charge of grand larceny, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 22, and Lt. C. S. Yeatts served the warrant Wednesday.
• Clifton Jermal Davis, 36, of Virgilina Road, Virgilina faces a felony bail/pretrial service violation.
The alleged offense occurred Tuesday, and deputy T. M. Moore served the warrant Wednesday.
• Joshua Arkansas Reeves, 23, of Chatham Road, Vernon Hill faces misdemeanor charges of vandalism and assault and battery.
The alleged offenses occurred June 21, and deputy J. S. Garber served the warrants Tuesday.
• Kenneth Dale Wilborne Jr., 40, of Philpott Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Tuesday, and deputy C. D. Wilborne served the warrant the same day.
• Lisa Marie Wilborne, 43, of Philpott Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor drug charge of possession of marijuana and a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offenses occurred Tuesday, and deputy Wilborne served the warrant the same day.
• Brittany Elaine Coleman, 27, of Wickham Street, South Boston was issued a misdemeanor surety capias on Thursday for an alleged offense that occurred Wednesday.
• Chaterrias Lajuan Harris, 35, of Ellyson Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
Deputy T. W. Bush served the warrant Thursday.
• Tierra Myesha Hill, 22, of Valley Drive, South Boston faces a larceny charge of shoplifting, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Lt. R. Redd served the warrant Monday, and Hill was released on summons.
• William Edward Rogers, 60, of Mountain Road, Halifax faces charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and having no valid registration.
Officer R. B. McGuire served the warrants Tuesday, and Rogers was held on a $2,500 unsecured bond.