A 49-year-old South Boston man faces a felony charge of being a fugitive without a warrant, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Steven Bernard Walker of Philpott Road was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Saturday, and deputy C. G. Martin served the warrant the same day.
• Paris Malik Palmer, 25, of Dryburg Road, Scottsburg faces a felony charge of obstruction of justice/resisting arrest.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and deputy G. L. Jones served the warrant the same day.
• Kevin Leland Coleman, 59, of Roxboro, North Carolina faces a felony charge of assault with intent to maim.
The alleged offense occurred Oct. 28, 2018, and deputy J. S. Garber served the warrant Sunday.
• Marketta Briaun Young, 26, of Greensboro Road, Ridgeway faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and deputy T. W. Crute served the warrant the same day.
• Jennifer Lynne Carter, 38, of Ramble Road, Virgilina faces misdemeanor charges of assault and battery of a family member and petty larceny.
The alleged offenses occurred May 1, and deputy C. D. Wilborne served the warrants Friday.
• Savion Kahlil Elliott, 18, of Crown Grant Drive, Spotsylvania faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Officer R. McGuire with the South Boston Police Department served the warrant on Sunday.
Elliott was held on a $1,500 unsecured bond.
• Jose Mario Piche, 19, of White Cedar Lane, North Chesterfield faces a misdemeanor drug charge of possession of marijuana.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Jones served the warrant the same day.
A 41-year-old South Boston woman faces a charge of resisting arrest/ obstructing justice, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Taunya Roshena Chappell of Sinai Road was charged with the alleged offense, and McGuire served the warrant on Sunday.
Chappell was released on summons.
• April Shantae Callands, 37, of L. P. Bailey Memorial Highway, Halifax faces a charge of shoplifting/altering merchandise with a value less than $1,000.
Cpl. A. Jackson served the warrant on Friday.
Callands was released on summons.
• Quaheim N. Chandler of Sinai Road, South Boston faces a charge of entering a structure with the intent to commit larceny, assault and battery or another felony.
Officer J. Long served the warrant on Thursday. Chandler was held with no bond allowed.
• Nathan Edmund Coleman, 69, of South Terrys Bridge Road, Scottsburg faces a charge of general trespassing.
Sgt. T. VanAernem served the warrant on Tuesday.
Coleman was released on summons.