Halifax County School Board members officially accepted Halifax County Middle School head principal Magie Wilkerson’s resignation when they met Tuesday evening in a special called meeting to pay the final bills before the fiscal year ends June 30.
In addition to the final payment of bills, the board unanimously approved a personnel report that included Wilkerson’s resignation.
Her resignation is effective July 2.
Superintendent Dr. Mark Lineburg previously announced Wilkerson’s pending resignation. Wilkerson has been at the middle school for 14 years serving the last three as principal.
In addition to her resignation, the personnel report also included resignations from middle school history teacher Joshua Guill effective June 30 and Scottsburg Elementary SPED Teacher Jessica Wade.
Other resignations included Meadville Elementary School SPED paraprofessional Kristi Gilliam effective June 30, central office receptionist Roxanne Rice effective July 5 and South Boston Elementary custodian Earl Shipman.
The personnel report also included the following:
• Appointment of middle school computer teacher Whitney Davis with a salary of $40,416;
• Appointment of Meadville teacher Bridget Bowman with a salary of $40,534;
• Appointment of Sinai teacher Courtney Bell with a salary of $40,534;
• Appointment of middle school SPED teacher Annette Duffer to a math specialist for various schools with a salary of $51,362;
• Transfer of early childhood special education teacher Kayla Scott from Cluster Springs Elementary School to Sydnor Jennings Elementary School;
• Transfer of art teacher Barbara Cole from the middle school to a first grade teacher at Clays Mill Elementary School;
• Appointment of SPED paraprofessional Kristi Gilliam as a nurse aide at South Boston Elementary;
• Transfer of middle school teacher Joan Allen to a Meadville Elementary School paraprofessional; and
• Transfer of paraprofessional Chaley Reagan from Cluster Springs Elementary School to Meadville Elementary School.