Halifax Town Hall will be closed on Thursday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Carl Espy, Halifax town manager, urges resident to be aware that the Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its curbside recycling on the regular schedule.
• Monday: Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Mountain Road, Canterbury Drive, Woodview Road, Mimosa Drive, Oak Lane, Pine Road, Ash Street, Cedar Lane, Poplar Lane, Crawford Road, Academy Street, Ballpark Loop (within corporate limits), Craddock Street, Houston Street and Main Street (from Mountain Road south to the railroad tracks).
• Tuesday: Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes properties along U.S. Hwy. 501 south from the railroad tracks to the corporate limits, Spencer Lane, Golf Course Road, Brook Run, Cowford Road, Meadow Drive, Banister Road, Gatha’s Trail and Ballou Trail.
• Wednesday: The Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its regular weekly curbside recycling on this day.
• Thursday: The town of Halifax will be closed for the July 4 holiday.
• Friday: Residents normally served on Thursday will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Maple Avenue, Buena Vista Drive, Park Lane, Lakeside Drive, Harding Street, Snead Lane, Cary Street, Elam Street, Hedderly Street, Jackson Street, Back Street, Main Street (from Mountain Road north on U.S. Hwy. 501 and east on VA Hwy. 360 to the corporate limits).