The American National Bank and Trust Company sponsored team composed of Ronnie Moore, Jimmy Clay, Charles Canaday and John Morgan, won the first place in the First Flight and the overall title in the Halifax County Chamber of Commerce’s Sixth Annual Fall Classic Golf Tournament at Halifax Country Club.
Proceeds from the tournament will support chamber programs and services and workforce services at the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center, both of which are vital to the future of Halifax County.
The Wells Fargo Advisors team consisting of Charles Thompson, Hunter Thompson, Teddy Bradley and Scott Petriskie won the Second Flight.
Taking the top prize in the Third Flight was the Fry, Jordan & Wilson team composed of John Burton, Coleman Speece, Tom Brown and Bob Compton.
The B&B Consultants team consisting of Jimmy Epps, Brandon Scearce, James Temple and Tony Hiscock took the top prize in the Fourth Flight.
Thousands of dollars in prizes were available during the tournament for a ball drop, closest-to-the-pin, longest drive and hole-in-one. A hole-in-one shoot-out was held following the tournament. Up to 20 golfers had the opportunity to test their luck from 140 yards out from the hole. A $50,000 cash prize was up for grabs in the shootout.
Prize-winners for the tournament were as follows:
• Closest to the Pin on Hole 8 - Raleigh Powell;
• Closest to the Pin on Hole 10 - Jimmy Clay;
• Closest to the Pin on Hole 16 - Ronnie Moore;
• Women’s Longest Drive on Hole 6 – Kay Burton
• Men’s Longest Drive on Hole 6 – Raleigh Powell
• Hole-in-One on Hole 3 - Mattie Cowan
• Shoot Out Closest to the Pin on Hole 9 - Patrick Capozzoli